Thursday, September 07, 2006

Wedding Impressions

The most interesting thing about our wedding, is that the entire time I was participating in it, I thought it must be a dream, that it cant really be happening. At about the time Sarah starte walking down the aisle though, it started to sink in that just maybe this is real. I know for me I started to wonder about our decision to get married. That was, until Sarah was standing opposite me. Then I knew for sure that we had made the right decision.


The morning of the wedding I went golfing with my groomsmen at the Digby Pines for 9 holes. After the 2nd hole I decided to stop keeping score and just play to enjoy myself. We stopped for lunch with some of the other guys. Then, before heading back to the cottage to get ready, we stopped by the house for Andrew to practice driving the buick. By this time, it was starting to get rather late, and I was glad not to run into any RCMP officers on the drive back to the cottage for us to get ready.


I think by the time we got back to the cottage, my Dad was almost ready to have kittens, he was starting to get a little worried about the time. And I still had to get Mom to cut my hair. Needless to say, Andrew and I were to the church on time. And everything went off without a hitch. Except for Dan continuously thinking that it was still morning. And everything at the reception ran longer than planned, but we had expected that to happen.


So, it is 3 1/2 months in, and I dont regret anything. And I know we will continue to say that in 70 years. Thank you to everyone who helped make our wedding happen, we will remember it always.


Cheers,


-Robert

No comments: